Friday, August 13, 2010

Thank God it's Friday!

The past two summers have been so hard to live through.  Like I mentioned yesterday, I've never liked this season.  But it's so much worse now.  When you never feel good, or rested, and the weather already makes you feel drained, it makes each day just that much harder to get through.

But only two more days of the extreme heat and humidity before the promised break is supposed to arrive- 10-day forecast for mostly seventies. And then there will hopefully we'll see an end to complaints from me.  Until the next round of eighties and nineties anyway.

Just thinking about it makes me want to swear...

Which brings me to the subject of this post.  Am I the only TBI'er (saw that the other day and liked it) who never used to cuss much but, after the injury, cussed so much that it was almost a second language?  Talk about a personality change I despise!   Once I get started it's like I have no control.  Like there's a target number of times I have to swear before it's out of my system.

Anyone remember Fonzie?  I think I'm like him in that I don't like to say I'm sorry.  Not because I think I'm too cool but because if I have to apologize, it's because I've done something to hurt or offend someone.  And I don't like doing that to anyone.  Well, except for the insurance claims reps, their lawyers and the IME doctors.  If I can offend them in any little way, I feel like I should be nominated for an award.

But back to the topic....  When you've just polluted the air with a steady stream of profanity, you have to apologize.  Because you have offended anyone in hearing distance.  Frankly, I'm getting really tired of saying I'm sorry.

Of course this goes hand-in-hand with some of the other subjects I've written about.  Too much stress, too much pressure, etc...  It's always set off because of situations I have trouble handling now.  And it gives me yet another reason to stay holed up alone in my office for most of every day.  If you avoid the triggers, you avoid the bad responses. The only problem is, you also avoid life. 

I like my office just fine, but it's beginning to feel like a prison.  Yes, I choose to hide here far more often than not, but it's only choosing the lesser of two evils.  Isolate myself or risk blowing a gasket and making all the truckers blush.  (For those wondering what in the world I mean by that last statement, it's just a way we describe hard core profanity users in our little corner of the world)

So again...am I the only one?  If not, what are you trying to do to control your language?  Are you having any success with whatever it is you're doing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment